Saturday, November 6, 2010

Save money if you are a smoker.

Now we all know smoking is bad, but still a lot of us do it. Here are a few tips to save some money if you are a smoker.

1. Quit Now.
It's the most obvious but hardest option. I do not think I will anytime soon but a few of you might think that saving money and health is important. Take the number of packs you buy a week x the price of your cigarettes x 52 weeks and get how much you would save on one year alone. Hundreds? maybe thousands?

2. Use coupons.
Get on your brands website sometimes you can get cheaper options and coupons. Camel is very good about sending out coupons. Or just google your brands coupons.

3. Buy by the carton online.
Find a site that sells your brand cheap. There are tons of those sites out there and can end up saving you a bundle.

4. Join your brands club if they have one.
Marlboro and Camel both have "clubs" online where you can join, receive deals, and often get free merchandise. If you are 21 then you can join these.

5. Switch to a cheaper brand.
Self explanatory.

6. Switch to electronic cigarettes.
They are often cheaper in the long run. Expensive to start up but once you buy the starter kit you will save money. They run on a battery and only emit water vapor so they can be smoked anywhere. Each refill cartridge is not too expensive. PLUS, it is better for you. There is no tobacco just liquid nicotine that gets heated up by the battery, therefore there is no actual smoke or second hand smoke. Overall, it is just a better decision.

7. Get free cigarettes.
Sometimes bars, concerts, or hookah bars have representatives from the tobacco companies there. They ask if you would like a free pack and you take it. I did this once and this is how it went:
lady asked if I would like a free pack of cigarettes
I said heck yes
She scanned my ID to make sure it was real
She gave me my cigarettes
I had to get a picture with their new item for their website
and I got the new item
(it was a sample pack of their new dissolvable tobaccos)
so in the end, I got a pack of cigarettes, my friends because she recently quit, and a sample pack of dissolvable tobacco that I gave to a friend who enjoyed it.


Smoking is bad for your wallet and health but if you are not gonna quit anytime soon then the above post is to help you save a little cash.
I am in no way encouraging any underage smoking or smoking at all. These are just tips that have helped me in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment